March 29, 2012

Individual Work


 I chose to draw my mechanical pencil from Section into a 3-point perspective form. I was inspired by a photograph of the Rockefeller Center in New York and how the photographer used this specific angle to depict this architectural great. 

the Rockefeller Center

Although this precedent image is not a technical drawing, I felt that it was appropriate for this task as this example illustrates the structural magnificence of the Rockefeller Center.  This style is mainly used for buildings, but I decided to draw my pencil in this style as it monumentalizes this piece of stationery into something it is not. 

At first glance, this drawing looks like a high-rise building and the scaling and angle enhance this effect. I chose not to render, hatch or shade my pencil as I wanted to have clean, neat lines that showcase the linear nature of the pencil itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment