July 30, 2012

First Ever 104 Post

I'm about 2 weeks behind now.
Great. But thanks to the influenza, I can now blog post in the comfort of my own home as I can't go to uni and put this back any longer.

For our first project we are making an abstract form (inspired by precedents of course) and modifying it into 81 iterations using Solid Works and 3DS Maxxxxx. To aid this process we chose words to describe these forms.

Let's do an episode recap type thing:


tutorial1:
Met Sunny. He's a cool guy. I think he knows what he's doing.......?
We chose (or at least I attempted to?) our three words - a noun, an adjective and a verb.

crustacean
fractuous
respirate

I ended up with these words after one of the longest trains of thoughts I have ever been on.

I wanted to be a little bit different and wierd and so I chose crustacean. And as I know it, crustaceans are creatures with an exoskeleton that occur as marine uhh... things. They are deathly tasty. To be exact, the precedent image I picked up for this word is not a crustacean.. well it is.. but its an amphipodal crustacean. You should probably wikipedia this because I did and I didn't understand enough to put it in my own words.

epimeria? with its crafty little feet
I thought the word 'fractious' was a good motivator for the 3DS Maxx iterations because I myself can be quite fractious sometimes.

As for 'respirate', I liked the direct juxtaposition of this word to fratious as for some reason 'respirate' as an aura of calmness around it - probably due to its relationship with 'breathe'. I liked how it linked with crustaceans because they need to respirate too. I chose the image (below) of an ATP molecule as a lot of the time people will look over the scientific aspect of cellular respiration. And it looked kinda cool.


Then as we isolated our precedent images on Photoshop I decided to merge the two images of the amphipod and the ATP molecule together to base my Solid Works model on.

Awwwwww yeaaaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment